Username
Password
Forget Password?
  1. Indices
  2. Commodities
  3. Currencies
Straits Times 3,114.16 -11.98 -0.38%
Hang Seng 26,719.58 -128.91 -0.48%
Dow Jones 26,770.20 -255.68 -0.95%
Shanghai Composite 2,938.14 -39.19 -1.32%
Sembcorp Industries To Develop US$300 Million Power Plant In Myanmar
Daily Bulletin | 07 December 2015
Related stocks:
U96
By:

Sembcorp Industries’ wholly-owned subsidiary, Sembcorp Utilities, has signed a memorandum of agreement with Myanmar’s Department of Electric Power Planning to invest in and develop a 225-megawatt gas-fired power plant in central Myanmar.

The proposed US$300 million facility is set to be the largest gas-fired independent power plant in Myanmar, when completed in 2018 and will supply power to Myanmar Electric Power Enterprise under a 22-year power purchase agreement.

Sembcorp will have an 80 percent stake in the build-operate-transfer project while its partner MMID Utilities will hold the remaining 20 percent.

Sembcorp Industries  2.080 -0.02 -0.95%   
Business: Primarily engaged in the production and supply of utilities services. [FY18 Turnover] Utilities (55.9%), marine (41.8%), others/corp (2.2%), urban development (0.1%).

Insight: May-19, 1Q19 revenue fell 10.1% to $2.5b due to lo... Read More


Join The Conversation
The Shares Investment editorial team welcomes constructive feedback on our coverage and content. We would also be delighted to answer any questions on the above article. Leave us a comment below, and we'll get back to you shortly!

All Rights Reserved. Pioneers & Leaders (Publishers) Pte Ltd. Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and above.