Username
Password
Forget Password?
  1. Indices
  2. Commodities
  3. Currencies
Straits Times 3,377.96 +16.91 +0.50%
Hang Seng 28,765.40 +303.74 +1.07%
Dow Jones 27,154.20 -68.77 -0.25%
Shanghai Composite 2,924.20 +23.02 +0.79%
Hyflux 9M15 Net Profits Slumps Amidst Europe Investment
Daily Bulletin | 05 November 2015
Related stocks:
600
By:

Hyflux reported a 65.6 percent slump in 9M15 net profits to $38 million together with an announcement of an investment into a European consumer water technology firm.

Despite recording a 7 percent increase in revenue to $288.8 million contributed by the Qurayyat Independent Water Project in the Sultanate of Oman, the reduction in profitability was mainly caused by a lower level of divestment activities in 9M15 as compared to 9M14.

Divestment in 9M14 contributed significantly to Other Income (9M14: $144.9 million), comprising a $83.5 million gain from sale and leaseback of Hyflux Innovation Centre and $54.1 million gain from disposal of Marmon entities. Whereas in 9M15, other income of $60.9 million was contributed mainly by a $15.8 million gain on disposal on just one of the group’s buildings and a provisional fair value remeasurement gain of $12.3 million from acquiring its remaining 50% equity stake in H.J. NewSpring Limited.

Concurrent to the release of 9M15 results, Hyflux has also announced the signing of an agreement to eventually acquire a 30 percent stake in consumer water technology company, Kaqun Europe Zrt (Kaqun Europe), for US$8 million.

Kaqun Europe was launched in 2002 and pioneered a water with beneficial properties that promote overall wellbeing. The group will integrate its proprietary technology together with Kaqun Europe for a product line that it has exclusive rights to manufacture, sell, market and distribute under the brand name ELO in the Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, through a newly established entity called Elo Water, with the group owning a 70 percent stake and the remaining 30 percent by Kaqun Europe.

Hyflux  -- -- --   
Business: Provides integrated water management & environmental solutions. [FY17 Turnover] Municipal (82.5%), industrial (16%), others (1.5%).

Insight: Mar-19, 9M18 revenue sank 75% due to lower enginee... Read More


Join The Conversation
The Shares Investment editorial team welcomes constructive feedback on our coverage and content. We would also be delighted to answer any questions on the above article. Leave us a comment below, and we'll get back to you shortly!

All Rights Reserved. Pioneers & Leaders (Publishers) Pte Ltd. Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and above.