Username
Password
Forget Password?
  1. Indices
  2. Commodities
  3. Currencies
Straits Times 3,240.50 +0.86 +0.03%
Hang Seng 28,117.42 -64.26 -0.23%
Dow Jones 25,119.89 +55.53 +0.22%
Shanghai Composite 2,787.26 -10.87 -0.39%
Stocks In Focus SG (Ezra Hldgs, Mandarin Oriental, SingTel) – 08/04/15
Daily Bulletin | 08 April 2015
Related stocks:
5DN
M04
5HC
Z74
By:

Ezra Holdings’ net profit spiked down 99.3 percent to US$138,000 for the second quarter ended 28 February 2015 despite flattish earnings, dragged down by a drop in shares of profit of associated companies, after consolidation of EOL Group as a subsidiary. For the six-month period, revenue fell 2.7 percent while earnings more than doubled, due to one-off gain on bargain purchase from the acquisition of subsidiaries of US$106.3 million. With a back log of US$2.3 billion and the active streamlining of core operations, the group remains cautiously optimistic about the long term fundamentals of the oil and gas industry.

Mandarin Oriental International’s one for four rights issue of 251 million new ordinary shares received valid acceptances representing 98.4 percent of the total number of new shares. The new shares will begin trading today. Parent company Jardine Strategic Holdings will buy the remaining 3.9 million shares. Originally announced on 5 March 2015, the aim of the new shares is to raise US$316 million to reduce debt levels and finance the renovation of Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London.

Ntegrator International has been awarded a $25.6 million contract from a local provider of fibre infrastructure to supply services for the installation, operation and maintenance of the Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Fibre Network (Next Gen NBN) in Singapore. The three year service contract is slated for completion by 29 March 2018 and is expected to contribute positively to the financial performance for the fiscal years 2015 to 2018. With a total of eight contracts in the year-to-date, Ntegrator’s contract wins stands at approximately $50.8 million.

SingTel reported the acquisition of 98 percent equity interest in US-based Trustwave, with the remaining 2 percent to be held by Trustwave chairman and chief executive officer, Robert J McCullen. SingTel’s existing portfolio of cloud based solutions will be expanded, further entrenching its leadership position in the managed services market. It is also leveraging Trustwave’s threat intelligence, technology and talent to meet the growing demand for always-on managed security services in North America and the Asia Pacific region. The aggregate consideration for the transaction is approximately US$810 million and is subject to working capital adjustments at closing, expected to complete in three to six months’ time.

Ezra Hldgs  -- -- --   
Business: Co is a provider of integrated offshore solutions to the oil & gas industry. [FY16 Turnover] Marine Services (68.9%), offshore support and production services (25.7%), subsea services (5.4%).

Insight: Oct-17, The US Bankruptcy Court approved the appli... Read More
Mandarin Oriental Int'l  2.360 +0.01 +0.43%   
Business: Co is an int'l hotel invs & mgt operator. [FY17 Geographical] Hong Kong (38.6%), Europe (26.8%), Other Asia (17.7%), The Americas (16.9%).

Insight: Mar-18, FY17 revenue rose 2.2% mainly due to an im... Read More
Ntegrator Int'l  -- -- --   
Business: Co provides information technology and telecommunication solutions. [FY17 Geographical] Singapore (93.6%), Myanmar (3.1%), Vietnam (3%), others (0.3%).

Insight: Apr-18, Co announced that it has secured two contr... Read More
Singtel  3.240 -0.03 -0.92%   
Business: Asia's leading communications group. [FY18 Turnover] Mobile Comm (34.0%), Data & Internet (19.6%), Infocomm Technology (17.5%), Sale of Eqmt (11.6%), Digital Biz (6.3%), National Telephone (5.5%), Int'l Telephone (2.4%), Pay-TV (2.1%), others (1.0%).

Insight: May-18, FY18 operating revenue rose by 4.9% to $17... Read More


Join The Conversation
The Shares Investment editorial team welcomes constructive feedback on our coverage and content. We would also be delighted to answer any questions on the above article. Leave us a comment below, and we'll get back to you shortly!

All Rights Reserved. Pioneers & Leaders (Publishers) Pte Ltd. Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and above.